Banana bread recipe (Mother Sri Lanka)
Banana bread recipe
Banana bread recipe has buttery banana and brown sugar flavors, and incredibly soft crumb with smashed banana. This is the best ever banana bread recipe. Find more information Click here
Ingredients (for one banana bread)
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour.
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80g) plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 tea spoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tea spoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 115g) unsalted butter.
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
Instructions (How to prepare a banana bread at oven)
- At the beginning adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease a loaf pan or coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- At medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour pockets remain. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 60 minutes. Loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to help prevent the top and sides from getting too brown.
- A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf will come out clean when the bread is done. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Cover and store banana bread at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Banana bread tastes best on day 2 after the flavors have settled together.